Summer in a glass…
This cocktail is not only BEAUTIFUL to serve it is absolutely delicious on so many levels. The sweetness of the Cranberry Liquor, the tartness of the Pomegranate Cherry Juice, the frozen (fruzhenglazen) texture makes it the perfect summer drink.
You can prepare this ahead, which is required – at least 30 minutes before your guests arrive. Keep it in the freezer in your martini shaker and shake periodically to ensure it develops it’s frosty goodness. You want a slushy consistency.
- In a large Martini Shaker:
- Fill ¼ way with crushed ice
- 1 Shot Vodka (whatever brand you like)
- 1 Shot Cherry Vodka – I use Three Olives Brand…but there are many on the market
- 1 Shot Oregon Cranberry Liquor *
- 3 Shots Lemonade (any brand you like – I use Simply Lemonade)
- 2 Shots Pomegranate Cherry Juice
- Big Squeeze of fresh lime – about a quarter of the lime
Shake Vigorously…and have fun with this…the more you shake…the colder it will get. Place in your freezer and shake periodically until it is the consistency of slush. You will have a hard time waiting to quench your thirst with this one!!
For Virgin Version –
Eliminate the Alcohol. Use extra Pomegranite Cherry Juice and Lemonade
To Make it Special –
Garnish with Fresh Mint, a few frozen cranberries on top…set on the slush..and a lime wheel.
Make extra batches…these will go VERY quickly…and empty glasses are not happy glasses.
This also makes a delicious, refreshing non-alcoholic drink!!!
* Oregon Cranberry Liquor, is easy to find in the Seattle Area. If you cannot find it… substitute with Pama – Pomegranite Liquor or Raspberry Liquor (such as Chambord)